Friday, April 15, 2011

Sunday, April 10th: James 3:9-12

 

This past Sunday was a continuation on the issue of the tongue. James has shown so far how the tongue can be both a positive (only when totally controlled by God) or a negative (when controlled by man).

QUESTION: We need to be willing to ask if we are blessing God with our tongue but cursing man.

This is why James is discussing that a spring can’t have both salt and fresh water flowing from it. I want to point out though that there is a point where salt and fresh combine to become brackish water but this is not flowing from it is water that is dumped into.

I must confess as a bible student and a teacher this this one verse (verse 11) has caused me a great amount of disturbance. Well, let me rephrase that it is not the verse actually. I totally agree that a spring can not put forth both fresh and bitter water from the same source. My problem is I get all turned around when I start thinking of brackish water. Maybe this doesn’t happen to anyone else…

This was a short study this week. Mainly because I am still dealing with the whole brackish water topic. Anyone want to throw in their two cents?

We will pick up with verse 13 this Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment